Biomethane is the great hope within gaseous bioenergy. This potential is especially true for countries like Germany, which have a highly developed natural gas network.
The articles presented on this page show why biomethane puts so many bioenergy players in high spirits. An overview of the properties that make energy sources, which are also known as bio natural gas, so popular, can be found here:
- Renewable and storable energy source
- Climate-friendly with high CO2 reduction rates
- Can be used flexibly to generate electricity, heat or a biofuel
What is biomethane?
Operation of a biomethane plant
- Bio natural gas plant in Brandenburg with integrated heat utilization concept
- 3 Feed systems for biomethane who have been online since 2009
- Remuneration calculator for feeding in Bio natural gas according to the EEG 2012
Feeding and processing of biomethane
- 3 innovative concepts for Production of bio natural gas
- Conflicts when feeding in Bio natural gas into the natural gas network
- Biogas plant operator discovered successful way to feed bio natural gas (Article within the Bioenergy campaign)
- Membrane technology from MT-Biomethan successfully feeds biomethane
Federal government feed-in targets
- Obstacles and Solutions for the feed-in of bio natural gas
- 5 approaches to increasing the feed-in quota of bio natural gas
- central Biogas register for biogas and bio natural gas
- KWKG amendment 2012 should improve framework conditions for bio natural gas
Biomethane in Germany and Europe
- Interview with the Managing director of the biogas council on bio natural gas in Germany and Europe
- Natural gas mobility initiative supported Bio natural gas as a biofuel
Bio natural gas will find its way within the renewable energy transition and will be available as an ecological and reliable energy source.