Biofuels, bio-fuel or agro-fuel. There are numerous descriptions for Biodiesel, bioethanol & Co. Often the term used already gives a deep insight into the attitude and opinion that someone has towards biofuels. Personally, I speak of "biofuels" and outdo myself as a supporter of these renewable, climate-friendly and domestic energy sources.
Biofuels have gained a lot of attention especially in the last decade and are already established in numerous fuel markets in Europe. Most often the liquid representatives of the bioenergy as an admixture in the form of E5, B7 etc.
But when it comes to bio fuel, please do not think primarily of the poor launch of E10 last year. In the past few years, the highly praised liquid bioenergy carriers have lost some of their shine and bioethanol & Co. are sometimes viewed very critically. I think it's a sad and largely unjustified development.
The following article overview gives you a small idea about the current situation of biofuels.
What are biofuels?
- Listing all Types of biofuels
- Short film on Manufacture of cellulose ethanol
- Biofuel from algae passes first test flight in civil aviation
- Overview of biofuels the 2nd generation
- 7 points too 2nd generation biofuels
Benefits of biofuels
- Retrofitting your own car on bioethanol or biodiesel protects the climate and saves money
- Describe 2 films of the Federal Association for Bioethanol (BDBe) Benefits of bioethanol
- Biofuels from Camelina - the advantages and potential of a new oil plant
- Bio natural gas as an ideal biofuel
- Biofuels and electric mobility - competitors or partners
- Biofuels benefit from Rise in the oil price over $ 100
- Biofuels from jatropha and algae conquer aviation
- combination of Biofuels and biogas improves life cycle assessment
- Queen Vegetable oil fuels in the tractor tank provide food on the plate
Development of the biofuels industry
- BioBoost - push for Second generation biofuels in Europe
- Biodiesel production 2011 decreased for the first time in Europe - Why?
- Choir closes, Süd-Chemie opens - 2nd generation biofuels in Germany continue looking
- Algae cluster in Brandenburg | Kerosene and biodiesel made in Senftenberg
- Biofuels Congress 2012: A spirit of optimism and the end times under one roof
- BtL benefits from $ 18 billion Pearl GtL project in Qatar
- Biofuels report 2010 shows that the goals for Germany have just been reached
- EU emissions trading will also apply to aviation from 2012 - Opportunities for bioethanol & Co.
- International biofuels community meets in Rotterdam
- Biofuels in the United States and the bioenergy debate on the drought in 2012
- Promotes natural gas mobility Bio natural gas as bio fuel
- Overview of biofuel companies have a chance of winning a Biofuel Award 2011
- Upscale from Cellulose-ethanol plants in Germany and worldwide in 2012
- Discussion about the EU27 biofuel targets by 2020 and the introduction of the ILUC factor
- Reactions from Germany to the plans for the Changes to EU biofuel targets
- Presentation of the Shell's biofuel study (2012)
- Verbio stops pioneering and responds to the insecure political framework for biofuels
- 16 associations reject rash EU biofuels change ab
Introduction of the E10 biofuel mixture in Germany
- Problems with the Introduction of E10 lead to the revival of old demons in the biofuels industry
- Doubling the blending rate for Bioethanol on E10
- Grown Acceptance for E10 after a year
- Critical questioning of the Proposal to stop E10
- History of E10 in Germany - everything has been there before
Criticism and disadvantages of biofuels
- Criticism of biofuels - a dispute between optimists and pessimists
- Moral debate on biofuels and bioenergy
- Bioenergy and concern for rising food prices, hunger and competition for space (Tank or plate debate)
- Presentation and Criticism of the Leopoldina's bioenergy study
- Press review of the bioenergy study the Leopoldina
- Federal Association for Renewable Energies (BEE) and German Energy Agency (dena) defend bioenergy.
- Mirror online increasingly shows itself as a one-sided opponent of bioenergy.
- monster ILUC threatens biofuels in the competition of energy systems
- Decision of the EU commissioners on the subject Biofuels and ILUC postponed
- Difficulty starting at Certification systems for sustainable biofuels
- Discussion about certification systems for sustainably obtained biofuels
I am a bioenergy enthusiast and would be very happy if we made greater use of the great potential of these renewable, storable and climate-friendly energy sources for Germany and the development of an improved energy supply worldwide.
However, I am aware of the existing conflicts around biofuels and we have to take the criticism of unsustainably produced biofuels very seriously. In particular, the heated debates surrounding biodiesel from Malaysia or Indonesia made from palm oil have led to a loss of social acceptance for bio-fuel. Although the industry has since imposed very tough sustainability criteria and is even legally required to comply with them in Europe, many users still have a negative aftertaste. I hope that the industry's commitment and commitment to environmental protection will be rewarded with growing consumer acceptance.
I would be delighted if you deal with biofuels with an open but critical eye and resist the temptation to make a hasty generalization about their opportunities and risks. Renewable fuels are an integral part of the renewable energy family. Like any other energy source, biofuels are not perfect and are in a relatively young development phase. The also provides information about developments in the industry in Germany Association of the German biofuel industry (VDB).
Then I hope you enjoy the articles from the exciting world of biofuels.